Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting ready for Hurricane Gustav.

Here are some pictures of Hurricane Gustav as he comes into Many, Louisiana. This was about 2:25 p.m. This is just the outer part.

Here are some of the supplies that mom bought me. We got plastic plates, bowls, cups, candles, charcoal( 2 bags) ,Lighter fluid, Aluminum pans to put on the grill, a hand held can opener, bread, & 2 16lbs. bags of ice.


Well I am here to let everyone know what is going on here with us. As everyone knows Hurricane Gustav is here. I went to wal-mart yesterday and mom got me some stuff so that when we lose electricity I will have things that I need. When we lose electricity we do not know for how long we will be without it. I am here by myself with the kids. And I have to admit I am scared to death. I have been praying all day long that we will be alright. I am trying to be strong for the kids but it is so hard. Nick gets home tomorrow morning so therefore I have to be at the house. Nicks grandmother wants us to go to her house and I would love to do theat the only problem is I don't know if I would be able to get back to the house. So I am asking everyone to please pray for me that I will have the strength and the peace of mind that we will be alright. Please also pray that Nick is safe as he has to work out in the weather tonight and has to drive home in it in the morning. I love ya'll and I will keep everyone posted on our situation.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I have been worrying about you since yesterday when I heard it would be going through your neck of the woods. I'm glad to see that you are so prepared. You can call me anytime you just want to talk if it gets a little scary. Remember I'm three hours behind you, so late for you isn't so late for me!! We will definately be praying for you and Nick!! We love y'all!! --Nikki

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

we are all prayin for ya. Y'all will be alright. Let me know if you need anything....